Volunteer and be a part of the *magic* that is the Green Festival. The Green Festival is a celebration of what’s working in our communities—for people, business and the environment, and it turns 10 this year. (Omg, where does the time go? I remember the first one like it was yesterday!)
Volunteer sign ups for the San Francisco Spring Green Festival just began. The event is happening April 9-10, 2011 at the SF Concourse and Exhibition Center. Visit www.greenfestivalvolunteers.org/sf to register and reserve your shift(s).
You won’t want to miss the fabulous green speakers, exhibitors and DIY educators, along with all the delicious organic food and drink!
As many of you probably know, Green Festival relies on the support of over 1,000 volunteers at each festival. If you volunteer, here’s what you will enjoy:
- Free admission all weekend (work a little, enjoy a lot)
- An exclusive organic cotton event t-shirt (they’re super soft and sweet looking!)
- Snacks, a free coat check and relaxation in the Volunteer Lounge (they had me at free snacks)
- Free memberships in Green America and Global Exchange (Global Exchange membership alone usually runs $35/year so you do the math. $35 vs. Free = SCORE!)
- 10% Discount in the Green America and Global Exchange festival stores (every bit helps in this recession)
That is the official list of what you get when you volunteer to be a Green Festival volunteer. Now I’m going to add 2 additional perks based on many years of personal experience volunteering at Green Fest:
1. You get to meet other awesome people with similar values.
2. Green Festival is a great place for job seekers…It’s a wonderful networking opportunity plus you can add “Green Festival Volunteer” to your resume:)
So hope you join us this April as a Green Festival volunteer. I’ll be there. Will you?
Here’s a bit more about the various ways you can volunteer:
Volunteering with a Group
If you have a group that would like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a group time slot. Group slots fill up quickly so email asap.
Capture the Magic! Join the Volunteer Media Team
Want to see your photo or video on the local news? All you need is your own equipment, a passion for the Festival and a bit of talent to be a part of our Media Team. Images, photos, tweets and blogs are all needed, and we’ll credit whenever possible. Upload onsite for instant fame. (fortune, well, that’s on you.) Interested? Email email@example.com.
Street Team Opportunities
Want ALL the benefits of volunteering, without having to miss a moment of the festival? Be a member of our Street Team to advertise the Festival and recruit volunteers in these last weeks BEFORE the festival. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Green Festivals on Facebook!
Join the SF Green Festivals page and receive updates year-round! To join the community, click here.
Email the National Volunteer Director Kristi Koehler at email@example.com OR call 828-333-9415.
Have you volunteered at Green Fest before? Funny story? Inspiring moment? Strange outfit siting? Share your experience in the Comments section below.