For those of you in the Bay Area, have you marked your calendars for Tuesday, October 15th yet? Global Exchange is hosting a 25th anniversary benefit concert with hip hop artist Aisha Fukushima at El Rio in San Francisco’s Mission District, a night you won’t want to miss!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons You Won’t Want to Miss it!
1) It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to enjoy a live, intimate performance by multi-talented Aisha Fukushima, while supporting Global Exchange’s innovative social justice work
DJ Jamie Jams Photo Credit: Jamie Jams
2) DJ Jamie Jams will be in the house, spinning in between sets to keep the music flowing
3) Grilled Cheese!! Barbarian Gourmet will be serving up reasonably priced yummy grilled cheese sandwiches to concert goers
4) Prize Wheel Spinning: Attendees will have plenty of chances to win prizes thanks to our magic Prize Wheel which will be spinning out prizes including Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream coupons and more
5) $4.00 Margaritas thanks to El Rio, a favorite local bar and community gathering space
Folks in the CA Bay Area: hope to see you next Tuesday Oct. 15th at El Rio in San Francisco., where ticket prices match your wallet size–(tickets are offered on a sliding scale $5-$20 and no one will be turned away for lack of funds.)
Folks outside of the Bay Area: you can participate in Global Exchange’s Online Prize Drawing happening now, for a chance to win a PUBLIC bike and more great prizes. View prizes and purchase prize drawing tickets online: www.globalexchange.org/prize.
Thank you to all who came out to WineWorks on Sunday for our Sips, Sweets & Solidarity event! It was so great to celebrate 25 years of Activism with some of our supporters.
We hope that those who joined us enjoyed the wine from WineWorks, the Fair Trade chocolate from Alter Eco, and getting to meet fellow activists.
Conversations abounded; topics from Fair Trade, fracking, and Syria to what Global Exchange is working on now, including our Voices of the Victims speaking tour and 25th Anniversary Reality Tour to Oaxaca.
PUBLIC bike, one of the prizes being given away in Global Exchange’s prize drawing
See photos from the event on Global Exchange’s Facebook page.
25th Anniversary Prize Drawing Tickets are Still Available!
Thanks to those who purchased Prize Drawing tickets at the Sips, Sweets & Solidarity event. If you missed the event you can still participate in our Prize Drawing.
Visit www.globalexchange.org/prize for a chance to win a brand new PUBLIC bike and other awesome prizes. There are a limited number of tickets being sold so your chances of winning are GREAT!
Keep the Celebration Going
If you want to keep the celebration going, mark your calendars for Tuesday, October 15th at El Rio in San Francisco’s Mission District.
Global Exchange will be hosting a 25th anniversary benefit concert with hip hop artist Aisha Fukushima who just got back from her European tour.
Tickets are sliding scale $5-$20 and no one will be turned away for lack of funds. So hop on over to our Facebook page for event details.