Join the following social media campaigns to the Guapinol water defenders and the ongoing struggle for truth and real justice in the Berta Cáceres case! Tweet or share on your facebook page!
- For there to be true inroads for justice in #Honduras, AG Oscar Chinchilla must ensure that water and environmental defenders do not face malicious prosecution for defending their rights. @USAmbHonduras @WHAAsstSecty @mp_honduras #GuapinolResiste
- All eyes on #Honduras: Fair and impartial judges must ensure due process and rule according to the law in #Guapinol mining case. No prior consultation, bogus charges, completely unacceptable! @PJdeHonduras @USAmbHonduras @WHAAsstSect
- I stand with human rights and environmental defenders in #Honduras who are being criminalized for protecting their communities and the earth, and I call for justice for the #Guapinol River defenders! #SolidaridadGuapinol
On Saturday, March 2, join the Global Action on Twitter! Use the hashtags #JusticiaParaBerta, #JusticeForBerta, #3AñosSinJusticia, and #FaltanLosAtala. See sample tweets below:
- Three years. Three years since the senseless murder of beloved indigenous and environmental defender, #BertaCaceres. Three years without real justice. #JusticeforBerta #JusticiaParaBerta.
- I join @COPINHHonduras in calling for the end of the #AguaZarca Hydroelectric project and demand the capture of the intellectual authors of #BertaCaceres murder. #FaltanLosAtala #JusticiaParaBerta @MP_Honduras @WHAAsstSecty
- #BertaCaceres dedicated her life to defending the environment and indigenous communities in #Honduras. She was brutally murdered on March 3, 2016. It’s time for the world to know the truth about what happened—capture the intellectual authors! #3AñosSinJusticia