Folks in the Bay Area looking for a fun evening out? Stop by the Global Exchange offices in San Francisco for our annual Open House. We are celebrating 23 years of social change and activism on October 6, 6-9:30pm, at 2017 Mission St., 2nd Floor, San Fran, CA (16 & Mission BART).
It will be a wonderful evening with great food, specialty cocktails and sangria, Típica Cubana music by Los Soneros de Acero, and a chance to meet and mingle with Global Exchange staff. And of course, we’ll be hosting our annual Prize Drawing. Don’t miss out on your chance to win a Reality Tour and to support our work. Tickets are just $10.
Our Open House is for you, our members, supporters, and friends. Whether individuals or organizations, our staff has been inspired by the positivity from the community, surrounding this event.
This year, we have some REALLY great prizes, thanks to the generosity of the Bay Area community. The chances of winning are high, as the pool of folks who buy them are usually limited to the people who attend, which is about 200 people. BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO HAVE TO BE THERE TO WIN. This year’s FABULOUS prizes include:
- Grand Prize: $1000 toward a Reality Tour of your choice – our destinations include upcoming trips to Cuba and Egypt
- Weekend Stay for two at Big Sur Getaways
- Dinner with GX co-founder, Kevin Danaher, at Gracias Madre
- Camping weekend for two at Harbin Hot Springs
- Two all access VIP passes to the Arab Film Festival (tickets to 46 films + the VIP opening night gala)
- Two-year subscription to Mother Jones Magazine
- Child’s Sakuut Kids Balance Bicycle from Noe Valley Cyclery
- Two-tickets for cocktails and fun at the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s Celebrity Pool Toss (poolside at the Phoenix Hotel)
- $100 Gift certificate to Embodies Organic Boutique
- $50.00 Gift certificate to Urban Bazaar
- Timbuk2 Messenger Bag
- Organic Make-Up from Dirty Beauty
- Wine tasting at Cline Cellars in Sonoma, Ca
- Beautiful print of Art by Oakland based artist and organizer, Favianna Rodriquez
In addition to our raffle, we are also giving away over 50 great prizes through our “games for adults,” including a Cake Walk, Fish Bowl and Piñata full of FT chocolate. Gifts include:
Democracy Now! Apparel, items from the Middle East Children’s Alliance Maia water campaign, Bi-Rite Market, City Lights Books, Fat Chance Belly dance lessons, champagne flutes, Nepalese table cloth, Rajasthani wall hanging, artisanal Purim Groggers, soap from Dr. Bronner’s and TICKETS to the SF MoMA, Roxie Theatre, Hard French, Punch Line comedy and MORE TBA!!!
***Don’t miss our special bar raffle and specialty Cuban art for sale the night of****
Tickets are $10 each and 6 for $50. Click here to buy your tickets today!
Deadline for online purchases is end of day Wednesday Oct 5!
What’s more, the money you contribute will go to directly support Global Exchange and our work for human rights, economic justice and environmental sustainability.
I look forward to seeing you on October 8th, and good luck in the Prize Drawing. May your ticket be the lucky winner!!