Part-Time Reality Tours Administrative Assistant
Global Exchange, an international nonprofit human rights organization based in San Francisco, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our Reality Tours team. This position reports to the Reality Tours Director and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Global Exchange Reality Tours explore social, economic and environmental justice in over 40 global destinations through ethically and socially responsible travel. Since our founding in 1988, travel has been one of the educational tools we’ve used to build understanding across borders and between cultures and to inspire our participants to take action and promote peace.
Today Global Exchange Reality Tours organize trips to Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Participants learn about women working to build a future in Afghanistan, how oil extraction impacts Ecuador’s Indigenous communities, what peace and justice mean to Palestinians and Israelis. We provide opportunities for people to travel as citizen ambassadors to Iran and Cuba, breaking down stereotypes and misinformation that generate conflict.
We also offer Customized Reality Tours — of educational travel and people-to-people diplomacy, exclusively tailored to the interests of a wide variety of groups.
Job Description and Requirements
We are seeking a skilled and motivated person who is socially engaged and good on the phone to join our Reality Tours team as an Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time, entry-level position, based in our San Francisco office.
Success in this position will require strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and the phone skills and professionalism needed to support Global Exchange’s Reality Tours program that prepares hundreds of people for travel to dozens of global destinations every year.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to): administrative tasks related to trip preparation and follow up, participant and in-country partner communications, and post-trip follow up for our world destinations.
The Reality Tours Assistant will work side-by-side with our small team in a fast-paced environment. Our office is a shared office space with many other small nonprofit organizations and is conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, CA. The Reality Tours Administrative Assistant will fully participate in Reality Tours department activities and will have access to the larger Global Exchange team and network of global organizations and allies we interact with on a regular basis.
We are looking for a high-energy, positive, and dependable person who has a:
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice work;
- Proven positive track record in customer service and great “people skills”;
- Ability to execute efficiently and quickly with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines;
- Computer literacy (Mac proficient, spreadsheet and google drive proficient, Salesforce experience a plus);
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated, creative, organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to take initiative; work independently as well as able to work as part of a team;
- Flexibility; and the
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Responsibilities include:
- The development and dissemination of information and promotional materials.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries.
- Salesforce entry and word processing.
- Maintain communication with participants.
- Outreach for potential participants, as well as conduct follow-up with trip participants upon their return.
- Support social media and communication strategies.
This is a part-time, 15-20 hours per week position. This position is based in our San Francisco office and pays $20/hour.
To apply, email a resume, references and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or other forms of inquiry accepted.
Global Exchange is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. All interested candidates, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation and physical ability, are encouraged to apply.