Addressing cross-border challenges – like migration, human rights, growing inequality, and dangerous gun trafficking – requires the participation and engagement of civil society movements on both sides of the U.S. Mexico border.
Global Exchange and Nuestra Lucha Global, along with more than 40 organizations – representing impacted, frontline and communities of color – are organizing a unique and collective initiative, the Peace Summit 2023. We are coming together to expand and build political power for our communities, communities that are currently being left out and left behind (migrants, Indigenous communities, youth, women, and more). We are coming together to make our demands for policies that put human rights, justice, democracy, and peace at the center.
- Marco Castillo – Global Exchange
- Odilia Romero – CIELO
- Melissa Iakowi:he’ne’ Oakes – American Indian Community House
- Cristina Bautista Salvador – Mother of Benjamín Ascencio Bautista, one of the 43 Ayotzinapa students.
- Jorden Giger – Black Lives Matter South Bend
- Isabella D’Alacio – March for Our Lives
- Grisel Bello Cuechacha – Culturas del Pasado, Voces del Presente
- Miguel Álvarez – SERAPAZ
We are living in a pivotal and urgent moment. From rising gun violence, political exclusion and disenfranchisement, worsening repression of migrants, and expanding environmental and climate-driven crises, the need for action, reform, and collective activism is now. The Peace Summit 2023 initiative will build our collective power across borders for a better future for all.
Hope to see you tomorrow!