—– DEADLINE EXTENDED TO TUESDAY 11/8!! ——
Global Exchange will be collecting supplies to take to the Standing Rock Sacred Stone Camp where the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and members of nearly 100 more tribes from across the U.S. and Canada are resisting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline. We are accepting donations starting tomorrow, Nov. 2nd through Friday, Nov 8th.
A Global Exchange ally is driving to Standing Rock next week, and has offered to take donations and supplies. Please help us send urgently needed supplies to the water protectors at Sacred Stone Camp.
If you don’t live in the Bay Area you can also mail supplies through amazon or directly to the camp. With winter approaching, there are some very specific items that Sacred Stone Camp has requested:
- Banners, Sheets (“We love it when you make banners and send them to us!”)
- Medical Supplies – see list here.
- Canvas – Heavy Duty only
- Gift Cards – Lowes/Menards, Amazon, Verizon
- Insulated Carhartt type coveralls, overalls, coats
- Tents (that can stand up to high winds, snow, subzero temps)
- Solar chargers for electronic devices
- Sleeping bags (for 0 degrees and lower)
- Visit the full needs list here.
- (Our ally could also use a donated Thule roof rack/box to transport more items.)
Please only bring items requested on this list, and do your best to make the items as easy to transport as possible. If you are hoping to make a large donation, please check with us first to make sure we still have room to transport it (415-575-5526 or email@example.com).
You can drop items by our office (2017 Mission St, San Francisco) anytime between 8:00am-5:30pm PST Wednesday November 2nd – Friday November 4th. Dial 002 to enter the building. Please call 415-575-5526 with any questions.
Other actions you can take:
- Go to Standing Rock.
- Visit nodaplsolidarity.org/ to find an action near you
- Target the banks, institutions and security forces responsible for DAPL
- Primary targets: https://goo.gl/V55zXm
- The 17 banks funding DAPL: https://goo.gl/pl6NWD
- Contact information for the different police departments and offices responsible for sending militarized police to Standing Rock.
- Sign the “Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline” Petition targeted at the Army Corp of Engineers
- Write President Obama.
- Donate to the legal funds: https://goo.gl/rJ0yxT and https://goo.gl/gouG2P
Thanks for taking Action!