Kits are just $8.00 (shipping included) with the option to add an additional donation amount. Please note: One kit per household since there is a limited number of kits available, so grab yours soon!
Each kit includes Fair Trade chocolates, a DVD about Fair Trade, plus resources to help you spread the word about the importance of Fair Trade certification, along with tools to help consumers encourage Ghirardelli Chocolate to start labeling its products Fair Trade.
Ghirardelli Chocolate claims to make premium chocolate by carefully selecting cocoa beans of the highest quality, but real quality should not come at the cost of environmental destruction, poverty, and bitter child labor. Putting a Fair Trade label on Ghirardelli products would guarantee to consumers that Fair Trade standards are being met.
At just $8 each, each kit includes:
- 5 Color-your-own Valentines–postcards (see picture) addressed to CEO at Ghirardelli Chocolate, Marty Thompson encouraging the chocolate company to put a Fair Trade Certified label on its products;
- Dark Side of Chocolate DVD–an investigative documentary into the realities of child labor and trafficking in the West African cocoa industry;
- 5 Equal Exchange Fair Trade Organic chocolate heart-shaped pieces;
- Petition to collect names–and send to Steve Genzoli, VP of Quality Assurance/Research & Development at Ghirardelli Chocolate;
- And Chocolate fact cards..read and pass on to educate people about the importance of Fair Trade Certification.
- Order your Fair Trade Valentine Action Kit Today! The kits will be available on a first come first served basis. Order by Friday Feb. 7th for guaranteed Valentine’s Day delivery, while supplies last.
- Download the color-in postcard to send to Ghirardelli’s CEO, Marty Thompson.
- Sign this petition to tell Ghirardelli: It’s time to put a Fair Trade label on it.