In this Fair Trade Roundup, we’re excited to share news about #FairTuesday and how YOU can participate, plus an announcement about our annual holiday party at Global Exchange’s Fair Trade stores in Berkeley AND San Francisco. Rounding out our Fair Trade Roundup is our trusty gathering of Fair Trade related articles below.
Hope you enjoy!
- Featured Fair Trade Update: #FairTuesday is Happening December 3rd
- Global Exchange Update: Global Exchange Fair Trade Store Holiday Party
- Fair Trade News to Peruse
1) FEATURED UPDATE: #FairTuesday is Happening December 3rd
#FairTuesday is an ethical shopping movement in response to Black Friday and Cyber Monday to feature fair trade, ethical, and eco-friendly brands. It’s happening on December 3rd, 2013 and we couldn’t be more thrilled about it! Their site explains:
The goal of #FairTuesday is to inspire conscious consumerism and show how an everyday purchase can change lives in a whole community. #FairTuesday features fair trade, ethical, and eco-friendly brands and invites other businesses to take a step towards sustainability.
Here’s a short n sweet video that pretty much spells it out:
Global Exchange is excited to participate in #FairTuesday alongside like-minded fair trade, eco-friendly sustainable brands and organizations, and we hope you participate too! (Check out pics of Global Exchange staff supporting #FairTuesday on Instagram.)
Here’s how YOU can participate in #FairTuesday:
- Choose holiday gifts from participating #FairTuesday retailers;
- Follow #FairTuesday on Facebook and Twitter;
- Take part in this Pin to Win contest on Pinterest (for a chance to win cool ethical prizes!)
Visit the #FairTuesday website to find out more ways to support #FairTuesday this December 3rd.
2) GLOBAL EXCHANGE FAIR TRADE UPDATE: Fair Trade Store Holiday Party
Join Global Exchange friends, staff and supporters for the annual Global Exchange Fair Trade Store Holiday Party! Enjoy some holiday cheer and find gifts for your loved ones, while creating a more sustainable and just world.
Where: Global Exchange Fair Trade Stores in San Francisco AND Berkeley, CA
Berkeley: 2840 College Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
San Francisco: 4018 24th St., San Francisco, CA 94114
When: December 4, 2013 – 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Save on Shopping: For this one special night Global Exchange members get 20% OFF*!!
(Not a Global Exchange member or need to renew? You can sign up today right here.
*no cross promotions apply
RSVP/More Info: On Global Exchange Facebook page.
3) FAIR TRADE NEWS TO PERUSE
- Canaan Fair Trade: Madonna Supports Women Producers of the Palestine Fair Trade Association
- Co-operative News: Fair Trade Certification Marks 25th Anniversary
- The Wall Street Journal: HONEST Tea Expands Zero Calorie Beverage Offerings with National Rollout of Unsweet Lemon Tea
- StylWatch: Lauren Conrad’s Latest Project Is Not Only Cool – It’s For a Great Cause
- Fair Trade Judaica: Guilt-free Gelt Tagline Winners
- FairTradeAmerica: Celebrate Chanukah with Guilt Free Gelt
- Business Recorder: Green Mountain to buy more coffee despite fungal attack
- Co-operative News: First Fair Trade Shoe Factory Produces Footwear Available in N. America
- examiner.com: Students for fair trade demand transparency in Trans-Pacific Partnership
THE FAIR TRADE ROUNDUP AND YOU!
• Subscribe to our Fair Trade blog to receive new Fair Trade blog posts automatically.
• News to share? If you’ve got big Fair Trade news to share, email Tex Dworkin.
• Enjoy this Fair Trade Roundup? Then click the Like and Tweet buttons on the top right of this post to share with others. Thanks!
Leave a Reply