This April Fool’s day, prank with purpose.
These door hangers are a little funny, but the corrosive influence of money in politics is no laughing matter.
Sign up to send a door hanger today.
Take a stand in the spirit of April Fool’s day. It takes less than a minute to sign up. You can select for us to email your door hanger directly to your Senator and Representative, or we can mail it to you so you can send it directly to your elected official.
Why Tell Corporate Lobbyists ‘Do Not Disturb’ Democracy?
- Since 2007, nearly $20 billion has been spent on lobbying government.
- The vast majority of lobbying spending is at the behest of corporations which can afford to lobby for policies that protect and expend profits and minimize even the most essential regulations, often at the expense of the well-being of constituents, our economy and our environment.
- Nearly a third of that $20 billion spent lobbying is from just three sectors: Wall Street, Dirty Energy (Oil & Gas) Industries, and the Defense Sector, which spent $2.7 billion, $2.3 billion, and $821 million lobbying, respectively.
Calculated another way, Dirty Trinity has spent $2,252 per minute, every minute, for the past five years to influence *your* elected officials.
- It costs us around $5 to print and mail these door hangers to your elected official.
1) Sign Up!
2) Spread the word– help get others to sign up and send a Do Not Disturb door hanger to their elected officials.
Facebook: Share this doorhanger image and encourage your friends to sign up!
Twitter: Click here to tweet, “Your Congressman needs this doorhanger. Srsly. twitpic.com/c8p9al Sign up and send one for free: http://bit.ly/XSzIMG“
3) Learn more about Wall Street money in politics and what our Elect Democracy campaign does to stop it.
4) Chip In: Help us raise $1,883 to print and mail ‘Do Not Disturb” door hangers to every single member of Congress!