Introducing Generation for Justice Intern Alumni Network!
This past summer I was lucky to be a part of an extremely talented class of twelve Global Exchange interns. Although we worked in a variety of Global Exchange departments, we also worked together on one group project; the creation and launch of Global Exchange’s brand new Generation for Justice Intern Alumni Network.
As one of three development interns who spearheaded the creation of this new intern alumni network, I am proud that two of the inaugural members of this network come from my very own Summer 2012 class of interns; Chelsea and Megan.
Chelsea spent her summer at Global Exchange planning, coordinating, and participating in the Caravan for Peace with Justice and Dignity. Her efforts as a Mexico program intern helped to attract an immeasurable amount of attention and awareness to drug war violence around the U.S.-Mexico border.
Megan was an intern dynamo who dedicated her time at Global Exchange to Community Rights. She created compelling video interviews and handled media outreach for Global Exchange at the Rio +20 Earth Summit.
Although Chelsea and Megan have moved on from Global Exchange, their dedication to supporting Global Exchange’s mission will continue through their membership in our Generation for Justice network.
As Generation for Justice members, we will be able to keep in touch and welcome in the next generation of Global Exchange interns, as well as connect with past interns to provide each other inspiration as we forge forth in our careers.
- Invitation to Global Exchange’s Happy Hour Intern Alumni Party (which happens before our annual Open House);
- Job postings and career networking opportunities through Global Exchange and our allies;
- Discounted tickets to Global Exchange’s annual Human Rights Awards.
So…are you a former intern of Global Exchange? If so, I hope you’ll join the Generation for Justice Global Exchange Intern Alumni Network. I’d love to connect with you, hear about what you did during your time at Global Exchange, and what you’re doing now. Of course, we hope you’ll reconnect with Global Exchange to continue your support of this amazing organization dedicated to achieving peace, justice and environmental sustainability.
- Past Global Exchange interns: Click to join Generation for Justice Intern Alumni Network;
- Friends and family of past Global Exchange interns: Spread the word about our new intern alumni network by clicking “like” or “tweet” on the top right of this blog post;
- Follow on Twitter: Follow hashtag #Gen4Justice to keep up with what’s going on in the lives of former Global Exchange interns;
- Share your Pics on Facebook: We have a Generation for Justice photo album on Facebook. Post your pic (of you as a GX intern and/or of you in action NOW) to our Wall and we’ll make sure it’s added to the album.
Let’s Stay Connected!