Another month, another addition of your friendly Fair Trade Roundup. This month, there’s lots of news you can use in our “Fair Trade News” section down below. But first, here are 3 featured Fair Trade highlights:
1) FAIR TRADE PHOTO CONTEST ACCEPTING ENTRIES NOW
Source: Fair Trade Resource Network
Fair Trade Photo Contest Accepts Entries June 1-26:
The 4th annual Fair Trade Photo Contest has begun!
Fair Trade Resource Network and Fair Trade Federation, co-producers of this only photo contest in N. America about Fair Trade, welcome anyone to enter photos from producer or consumer countries. The 12 winning Fair Trade photos will be featured in the 2013 Fair Trade Calendar.
Why enter? To educate others about Fair Trade, and/or to help spread the word about your business or organization and the beauty of Fair Trade. Last year over 2500 people voted for the 78 photos submitted.
To learn more visit the Fair Trade Photo Contest web page, or email email@example.com.
2) FAIR TRADE “FAIR OLIVE HARVEST” TOUR TRIP TO PALESTINE
Palestine Fair Olive Harvest
October 26, 2012 – November 4, 2012
You are invited to join Global Exchange for a very special “Fair Olive Harvest” Reality Tour.
Travel to Palestine and Israel, and learn how fair trade cooperatives are restoring hope and providing economic alternatives to a population under occupation. Harvest olives with Fair Trade farmers, use organic farming practices, witness the community building strengths of Fair Trade cooperatives, and cultivate a greater appreciation of Palestinian traditions, food and people. You will also discuss integral human rights issues with Palestinian and Israeli organizations, as well as observe first-hand the effects of occupation on the Palestinian economy, tourism and life.
More information about this trip is available on Reality Tours’ website.
3) WEBINAR “What is the State of Fair Trade & the Movement in N. America?”
Source: Fair Trade Resource Network
Webinar Coming June 12: Fair Trade Resource Network (FTRN) Webinar #123 is happening June 12 to discuss “What is the State of Fair Trade & the Movement in N. America?” The webinar is for the public to learn about recent developments and ask questions to 2 panelists:
1. Jeff Goldman, Fair Trade Resource Network, Executive Director
2. Sean McHugh, Canadian Fair Trade Network, Executive Director
More details on FTRN’s website.
- The Independent: Willy Wonka goes to Davos: secretive world chocolate summit to decide snack’s future
- Fair Food: Calling on food companies to ‘open up’ their supply chains!
- Independent (Ireland): Healthy eating: Susan Jane White says bananas are good for guys, and Fairtrade ones are good for us all
- Retail Times: Sunmagic launches 200ml cartons of Fairtrade Orange Juice and juice drinks
- University of San Diego: Fair Trade: USD Recognized for Commitment to Social Justice and Sustainability
- ABC Online (Radio) Bean there, done that: Fair Trade coffee
- New Hope 360: Behind-the-scenes benefits of the Fair Trade label
- Triple Pundit: The Future of Fair Trade
- AP Associated Press/Bloomberg Businessweek: Fair trade purists cry foul at including big farms
- Co-operative News: Santiago Paz Speaks About Authentic Fair Trade
THE FAIR TRADE ROUNDUP AND YOU!
• Subscribe to our Fair Trade blog to receive new Fair Trade blog posts automatically.
• News to share? If you’ve got big Fair Trade news to share, email me.
• Enjoy this Fair Trade Roundup? Then click the Share and Tweet buttons on the top right of this post to share with others. Thanks!
Leave a Reply