Shareholders and shareholder representatives from around the globe holding legal proxies were refused entry to Chevron’s annual meeting on Wednesday. Five members of The True Cost of Chevron Network were subsequently arrested at the oil giants direction, including GX’s own Antonia Juhasz, Director of our Chevron Program.
Protestors and press gathered outside the meeting as news spread like wildfire. Some folks tweeted live from Houston, others wrote articles and blog posts centered on the Chevron shareholders meeting.
We thought we’d throw together a little list to update folks about where things are at, so here you go:
BREAKING: #Chevron is blocking valid proxy shareholders from entering its mtg one by one if they suspect we’ll raise concerns.
The following folks are tweeting live from Houston:
Check out some recent articles about the Chevron shareholders meeting:
- Chevron in Equador article: Breaking News: Activists Arrested at Chevron Shareholders’ Meeting
- Chevron Toxico article: Breaking News: Activists Arrested at Chevron Shareholder’s Meeting
- Justice in Nigeria Now article: Chevron Denies Nigerians Entry into Shareholders’ Meeting
- It’s Getting Hot in Here: Dispatches from the Youth Climate Movement article:Chevron Bars 20 Community Members From Houston Shareholder Meeting, Leads to 6 Arrests
- Climate Connection posted arrest and protest videos including this one featuring Richmond, CA resident Dr. Henry Clark of West County Toxics Coalition:
Check out We Can Change Chevron’s Facebook destination with updates on Chevron resistance events.
Keep checking back with this blog for frequent updates.
Visit the Global Exchange Chevron Program Take Action page for a complete list of ways to get involved.
If you are involved in spreading the news about Chevron related activities, we’d love to hear about it.