Sustainable Cuba New Years: Examining Sustainability in the Arts, Culture, Architecture and Community Projects of Havana
Global Exchange Reality Tours has been contracted to arrange a New Year's delegation on behalf of Green Cities Fund, Inc. This trip will focus on Cuba's unique approach to sustainability in the areas of the Arts, Culture, Architecture and Community Development.
If you are currently employed in one of the areas covered by the theme/s of the trip you would qualify under the General License of the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). For any questions or to determine if you qualify, please contact Drea at Global Exchange or call (415) 575-5527 . Professors and university students of similarly themed degreed programs across the US are also eligible.
Global Exchange is the Travel Service Provider for this Reality Tour for Green Cities Fund, Inc. Global Exchange is a licensed Travel Service Provider by OFAC. All participants will travel under the General License unless other arrangements have been made.
NEW YEAR'S WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT SO REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
- Visits to and exchange with experts at Urban Gardens, the National Children's Theatre, a local maternity home, a dance company, community art/development projects and artist’s studios,
- Cultural visit to Church of the Virgen de Regla and Casa Africa;
- City tour of Havana with a renowned architect and urban planner; visits to other architectural/sustainable marvels such as the Casa de las Tejas Verdes and Colon Cemetary
- A day excursion to Pinar del Rio Province to visit to the Intentional Mountain Community of Las Terrazas
- On December 31, ring in the New Year with a party, including dinner and dancing!
- Roundtrip flight from Miami/Havana
- Accommodations at the historic Havana Riviera, 2 meals daily, translation, transportation, and program fees
- Cuban visa and Cuban Health Insurance
- Price is based on double room accommodations; add $300 for single room.
- Does NOT include airfare to/from your originating city to Miami or luggage fees, beverages, gratuities, travel insurance, or personal expenditures.
In the summer for 2012, the Office of Foreign Assets Control issued new regulations for travel to Cuba. We are making the necessary changes to our operations to come into compliance with these new regulations. Please contact our office for current updates.
To determine if you are eligible for this delegation please contact Drea@globalexchange.org. If you have already been determined eligible, please utilize the code provided to you in the space below titled "Sign Up For This Tour".
Once registered, you will be contacted about the $500 deposit. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits for Cuba delegations are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.