Cuba: Photography and Culture in Cuba
Global Exchange Reality Tours has been contracted by Eileen McCarney Muldoon and Cindy Horovitz Wilson of Profundo Journeys Photography Workshops to arrange travel to Cuba.
This trip will provide the opportunity to learn and visually experience first hand, this still authentic culture. You will have the chance to meet Cuban photographers, educators and social services professionals. There are informal gatherings with people in their neighborhoods where we can interact with residents and exchange stories about our cultures. And of course, there is much time built into our itinerary to do what we do best, immerse ourselves in artistic, technical and professional growth.
Global Exchange is a licensed Travel Service Provider by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Participants will travel as professionals under the General License.
This trip is open to professionals in the area of arts, education and social services as well as professors in these areas.
The itinerary will provide educational experiences for professionals conducting research.
- Havana city tour
- Visit the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples
- Participate in a lecture on 20th and 21st century Cuban Art
- Visit the Fototeca and meet with Cuban photographers
- Photo walks
- Explore Cienfuegos
- Visit colonial Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit a ceramicist
- Guided visit to the Bellas Artes, Fine Arts Museum
- Round-trip airfare from Miami to Havana and visa
- All confirmed program activities
- Double room accommodations, a single supplement is $550
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned motor coach
- Global exchange trip representative/or English speaking tour guides to accompany the group
- Preparatory reading materials
- Two meals per day with the exception of the arrival and departure day
- Compulsory Cuban health insurance while in country
Does not Include
- Personal expenses
- Transportation of excess baggage
- Conveyance fees used for private purposes
- Gratuities to bellmen, chambermaids and wait staff
- Cuban airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Extra beverages and meals not included
In the summer for 2012, the Office of Foreign Assets Control issued new regulations for travel to Cuba. We are making the necessary changes to our operations to come into compliance with these new regulations.
For more information about registering for this trip, please contact Profundo Journeys Photography Workshop at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once registered, you will be contacted about the deposit. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits for Cuba delegations are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.