Cuba: Education and Culture
Global Exchange Reality Tours has been contracted to arrange a program for the Gino Muzzatti group of educators.
In this program participants will have the opportunity to look at how Cuba’s education system affects Cuban culture, and how culture affects the education system. There will be an additional focus on arts and music education.
Through meetings, site visits, and discussions, participants will be exposed to these issues, and presented with Cuban's perspectives on them. Participants will be encouraged to think critically about how these issues and perspectives relate to their own home, work, schools, environment and society.
Global Exchange is a licensed Travel Service Provider by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Participants will travel as professionals under the General License. This trip is open to professionals in the areas of education, culture, music, and art. Trip participants should feel physically capable and comfortable walking mid-distance lengths while exploring cities and surrounding natural areas.
As per the request of the Trip Leader, all participants will be required to buy travel insurance to participate in the program.
The price for 10-15 participants is $2200, between 16-20 is $2050, 21 and over is $1950.
- Havana city tour
- Visit the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples
- Visit Las Terrazas, in the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere
- Visit Las Vinales, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Abel Santamaria School for the Blind
- Visits with Arts and Music schools
- All confirmed program activities
- Double room accommodations, a single supplement is $400
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned motor coach
- Global exchange trip representative/or English speaking tour guides to accompany the group
- Preparatory reading materials
- Two meals per day with the exception of the arrival and departure day
- Compulsory Cuban health insurance while in country
Does not Include
- Airfare to and from Havana
- Personal expenses
- Transportation of excess baggage
- Conveyance fees used for private purposes
- Gratuities to bellmen, chambermaids and wait staff
- Cuban airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Extra beverages and meals not included
To apply for this program, please contact trip leader Gino Muzzatti at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (707) 527-4886 to check your qualifications and for the customized tour code.
We must receive your application and a non-refundable deposit of $500 by December 1st, 2012. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. We strongly urge people of color to apply. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.