Easter and Passover are two of the BEST times to ask Hershey to eliminate child and forced labor from its supply chain, and start sourcing Fair Trade.
Easter: Did you know that more chocolate is sold in the US at Easter than any other time of the year, except Halloween? Or that Hershey manufactures Cadbury Crème Eggs and other products sold in the US?
Passover: Passover is a time of reflection on slavery specifically, and an appropriate time to raise awareness about forced labor.
Please take these actions at your congregation and/or family gathering:
Easter and Passover:
- Screen the documentary The Dark Side of Chocolate  in the weeks leading up to Easter or Passover. (Please order the DVD at least two weeks before your screening)
- Collect signatures on the Raise the Bar Hershey Campaign petition .
- Share this message to at least five others who celebrate Easter or Passover.
- Kids: Color in this postcard  and send it to Hershey!
- Use Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Haggadah insert  during your Passover seder. The insert is written in the lyrical language of the Haggadah, and evokes the themes of Passover, to integrate modern social justice issues seamlessly into your Passover observance. (Fair Trade Judaica  offers additional Passover materials)