The Hunger Strike has just entered its 51st Day!
*CDCR: Stop the torture!
*CDCR: Meet the 5 demands!
1. End Group Punishment & Administrative Abuse
2. Abolish the Debriefing Policy, and Modify Active/Inactive Gang Status Criteria
3. Comply with the US Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons 2006 Recommendations Regarding an End to Long-Term Solitary Confinement
4. Provide Adequate and Nutritious Food
5. Expand and Provide Constructive Programming and Privileges for Indefinite SHU Status Inmates.
As of July 8, 2013, more than 30,000 California prisoners initiated an indefinite hunger strike. They are calling on the Governor and the CDCR to meet their 5 core demands.
As of August 22, 2013, a federal judge approved the request from California and federal officials to force feed inmates if necessary, . As stated in prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com: "This is about dehumanizing the strikers, delegitimizing their demands, and disrupting the widespread support for the protest coming from the community"
Join PSL and rally in solidarity with the hunger strikers and protesting the force feeding approval.