- Arrival in Buenos Aires
- AM: Orientation meeting, city tours capturing the historic sites of Buenos Aires: Centro, Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo, La Boca, Palermos and meeting with local economist.
- Meet with La Vaca - read about them here: http://bit.ly/UrgbFN 
- Evening learn about the Tango!
- AM: Meet with factory works and Abuelas de Mayo - http://www.abuelas.org.ar/english/history.htm 
- Afternoon events TBA
- Eve: Continue learning and participating in Tango!
- Explore the Rio de la Plata in Parana River 45 minutes outside of the city. Begin the morning in Tigre and venture into the delta. Our guides will help the group examine and understand the estuaries uniqeness. Dinner in the region and return late in the evening to the hotel.
- The Peron legacy is examined during our bus ride as we venture one hour outside the city to Estancity and the Guacho way of life
- Today we take a ferry crossing La Plata Colonia (17th Century Portugese city) UNESCO Tour of city
- Lunch at Cada de Jorge Paez Vilaro, Casagrande or Lobo Restaurante
- Visit Porton de Campo, Calle de los Suspiros, Museo Portugues, Basilica del Sanctisimo Sacramento
- Arrive at Montevideo, Uruguay
- Explore Ciudad Vieja and Mercardo Del Punta
- Visit "Manos del Uruguay," a women's textiles cooperative
- Visit Heco Aca in Edificio Santos, a non-profit group of high quality contemporary Uruguayan artists.
- Take a tour of Barrio Sur, the heart of Candombe and program called Posada del Sur
- Tonight more Tango at the Fun-Fun
- Visit Museo del Carnaval and Museo de Futbol
- Depart to small fishing village, Jose Ignacio (if open for season)
- Each lunch at Butia or La Commedia
- If Jose Ignacio is not open for season yet, plan B is to visit Punta del Este
- Enjoy lunch at El Pobre Marinero, Granja El Ombu or Daiquiri
- Check out the Conrad Resor and Casino, visit Galeria Casapueblo, Museo Paseo de Neruda and Our Lady of Candelmas Church. Those interested in purchasing famous Uruguayan amethyst and agate can check out Van Der Bruin
- Return to Montevideo and dinner
- AM visit to Barrio Atahualpa
- Departure to Iguacu Falls
- Orientation upon arrival
- Iguacu Falls to explore some of the 265 falls with guide and ferry excursion
- Excursion to Iguacu Falls continues with a free day to explore or relax
- Return to Buenos Aires
- Free day to explore or optional visits to Latin American Art Visit to the MALBA (Museo de Arte Latino Americano Buenos Aires) and Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (if time permits)
- Tonight is our evening farewell dinner and our last Tango in Buenos Aires
- Departures back to the USA
- Double-room three star or four star hotel ($450 extra for single room)
- Two meals per day
- All confirmations in program
- Transportation by private, air conditioned motor coach. This includes airfare to and from Iguazu Falls from Buenos Aires
- Global Exchange trip representative to accompany the group from Buenos Aires through the whole touring period and/or English speaking tour guide(s) to accompany the group throughout this touring period
- Admission and fees to museums and program activities including Tango Show, talks and presentations; Iguazu excursion and entrance fees
- Honoraria for speakers and donations to organizations
- Two meals a day (excluding arrival and departure days)
- NOT INCLUDED: International airfare, lunches, airport departure taxes, visa and passport fees, room service charges, personal expenses, travel insurance, extra beverages and snacks, gratuities to; the bellboys and waiter tips, and your guide and driver (recommended to budget $100 per person) and personal expenses
To register, please send in your application form and a deposit of $400. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
Please note: We must meet a minimum number of trip participants on every trip, so please register early!
To ensure that all participants can plan accordingly, the minimum number of participants must be reached within 30 days before departure, or the trip will be canceled. If the trip cancels registered participants can choose to receive a full refund or transfer to a future group. Once a trip is confirmed (reaches the minimum # of participants) registrations may be accepted up to 30 days before the departure date.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.