Global Exchange Reality Tours has been contracted to arrange travel for Busboys and Poets focused on Cuban Culture, Business and Sustainability from June 30th to July 7th, 2013
Global Exchange is a licensed Travel Service Provider by the Office of Foreign Assets Control . Participants will travel under the General License unless other arrangements have been made.
This trip is open to full time professionals in the area of culture, arts, anthropology, small business, and sustainability, including educators from the aforementioned areas.
This itinerary will combine and provide educational opportunities for professionals conducting research to learn about the art and culture of Cuba by visiting sites and meeting people working in the arts, culture, and business fields. Participants will also share in their own business practices in these discussions and explore the intersection of sustainable business, good art, and service to the community.
For more details about Busboys and Poets  please click here.
• Meetings with Cuban architects and learn how Havana developed and take a tour of the city with various stops to promote lively discussions about urbanization.
• A meeting with UNEAC, Union of Writer and Artists to discuss the literary life and traditions of Cuba. We will be joined by poets and writers
• Visit the studios of local artists
• Evening performances with classically trained singers, dancers and musicians
• Performances of traditional Afro-Cuban music, dance, and more!
• Visit to the home studio of Jose Fuster, ceramic artist
• Round trip flight from Miami/Havana, three star hotel accommodations, 2 meals daily, translation, transportation, and program fees.
• Also includes Cuban visa and compulsory Cuban Health Insurance', 'Price is based on double room accommodations; add $300 for single room.
• Does NOT include beverages, gratuities, travel insurance, personal expenditures, etc.
To determine if you are eligible for this delegation please contact the person listed below. If you have already been determined eligible, please utilize the code provided to you in the space below titled "Sign Up For This Tour".
Once registered, you will be contacted about the deposit. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits for Cuba delegations are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.
Please note: We must meet a minimum number of trip participants on every trip, so please register early! If a trip fails to meet the minimum number and is cancelled by Global Exchange, a full refund will be offered or the ability to roll the deposit over to another delegation that one qualifies for.