Join the Global Exchange family!
Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing attitude
2 years of retail experience preferred
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Strong sense of design established through merchandizing
Highly motivated and creative
Organized and detail-oriented
Ability to take initiative on projects; work independently as well as able to work as part of a team
Flexibility; ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice work
Basic computer skills, knowledge of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Point of Sale a plus
Ability to work weekends and commit to extra hours during the Christmas holiday
Ability to arrive to work on-time and committed to getting daily tasks done
- Customer service and sales
- Knowledge of store product
- Understanding and commitment to Fair Trade
- Be on time, prepared, committed and engaged in your work
- Store opening and closing procedures
- Able to keep store tidy, clean, and organized
- Maintain a positive, helpful and appropriate attitude towards co-workers and clientele
- Create signage for store displays with direction from manager
- Use of Quickbooks Point of Sale and cash drawer
- Support the store manager in the receiving and tracking of inventory
- Be able to participate in physical labor including lifting boxes, climbing on ladders, and
- moving furniture
- Share responsibility for store maintenance
- Support the store manager in any additional tasks or responsibilities
This is a part time position. Must be able to work weekends. Salary negotiable based on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, a full resume, two references, and one additional page concretely answering the following questions:
- Please describe your commitment to Fair Trade.
- Please explain how your job related skills lend themselves to this position. And/or how your life experience and life values can help you fill this position successfully. Please share any retail responsibilities you have had.
- Briefly highlight any other aspects you would like to mention about your suitability for this position.
**Please email your resume to: carolyn [at] globalexchange [dot] org
***Please do not call about this position