Why donate stock?
In addition to providing operating funds for Global Exchange's program for social, economic and environmental justice, your gift of stock offers these tax benefits:
- You may deduct the fair market value of the stock (on the date the stock is donated) if the stock was owned for more than one year.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the appreciated stock.
- Other benefits may apply depending on your individual tax burden. Please consult your tax advisor.
How to donate stock:
- Tell your broker you want to make a gift of stock to Global Exchange, who will require the following information:
Tax I.D. Number 94-3066686
Name of Account: Global Exchange
DTC #: 0226
Account Number: KPA-139785
Custodian: National Financial Services or NFS
- To complete your gift, you or your broker must contact Ashley Cline at 415.575.5534 or ashley [at] globalexchange [dot] org to provide the name of the stock and the number of shares transferred. This information is required in order to properly record and acknowledge your gift for tax purposes.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at 415.575.5534 or you can email Ashley Cline, Director of Development at ashley [at] globalexchange [dot] org