Global Exchange Reality Tours has been contracted to arrange a New Years delegation on behalf of The Center for Cuban Studies focused on Sustainable Cuban Society and Culture from December 28, 2012 - January 6, 2013.
Global Exchange is a licensed Travel Service Provider  by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Participants will travel under the General License, unless other arrangements have been made.
This trip is open to full time professionals in the areas of anthropology, sociology, education, health, arts and culture, community development, social services and many others. Professors and university students of similarly themed degreed programs across the US are also eligible.
Particpants will have the opportunity to explore the uniqueness of Cuba by visiting organizations that focus on education, health, the arts, culture, community development and more that are aimed at serving Cuban society and promoting Cuban culture.
To see the sample itinerary for this delegation click here 
- City tour with an urban planner
- Special Education School
- Urban Gardens
- Maternity Home and facility
- Intentional Community at Las Terrazas
- Community Projects
- Cuban Pedagogical Association
- Roundtrip flight from Cancun/Havana/Cancun, three star hotel accommodations, 2 meals daily, translation, transportation, and program fees.
- Also includes Cuban visa and compulsory Cuban Health Insurance', 'Price is based on double room accommodations; add $300 for single room.
- Does NOT include airfare to/from Cancun, beverages, gratuities, travel insurance, personal expenditures, etc.
In the summer for 2012, the Office of Foreign Assets Control issued new regulations for travel to Cuba . We are making the necessary changes to our operations to come into compliance with these new regulations. Please contact our office for current updates.
To determine if you are eligible for this delegation please contact the person listed below. If you have already been determined eligible, please utilize the code provided to you in the space below titled "Sign Up For This Tour".
Once registered, you will be contacted about the $500 deposit. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits for Cuba delegations are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.
NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE MADE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS WITH DREA.