Summer 2013 Internships
Global Exchange operates a structured internship program during the summers. Interns work closely with program staff on campaigns and programs and are expected to bring some knowledge and experience to the organization. Interns should be able to offer 20-40 hours per week from June-August.
Our summer interns work closely with program staff on campaigns and programs and are expected to bring some knowledge and experience to the organization. Interns should be able to offer at least 20 hours per week for 3 months, and be eager to participate in all aspects of their department.
The summer program is structured and includes weekly intern workshops featuring various campaigners, staff members and guest speakers to provide the opportunity to learn about issues we work on and new skills. We also include other fun activites throughout the summer including an intern project.
The following jobs are available:
Are you an aspiring filmmaker or video editor who wants to use your powers for good? Do you dream of making videos that tell a moving story and inspire people to take action? Can you take footage, edit footage, and upload to the web?
Global Exchange is looking for a motivated, passionate and hard-working video intern to support our campaigns and departments.
Working directly with our campaigners, you will support and help shape Global Exchange's public image, online presence, and convey our current work to our supporters and allies.
- Superior video editing, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take video footage, edit in Final Cut Pro, and upload files to YouTube and other web sources.
- Proficiency in English; conversation level language skills in other languages are a plus
- Fantastic prioritization and time management skills
- Familiarity and/or desire to learn about the following issues: human rights, direct democracy, the 2012 election and what’s at stake, campaign finance controversy, corporate personhood, socially responsible travel, green alternatives, and community and nature's rights.
- Affinity with online organizing using tools such as Facebook and Twitter
- Additional experience with graphic design is a plus but not required
- Work with and report to our campaigners and administrative director to create short, moving videos that provide factual information about Global Exchange, who we are as an organization, and our current work.
- Other video editing responsibilities for other departments at Global Exchange where possible.
Here at Global Exchange we deeply value diversity, continually educate ourselves about privilege and oppression, and integrate these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustain
Join our Communications team and help promote Global Exchange’s campaigns, programs, Reality Tours and Fair Trade store information as well as push out information about events, Days of Action and urgent alerts. We’re looking for interns interested in detail and design. You will gain hands on experience and learn all about our website and content management systems. Interns will be working on updating our site with new content, writing new content for consistency and make real impact to our online presence. Familiarity with HTML is a plus.
Here at Global Exchange we deeply value diversity, continually educate ourselves about privilege and oppression, and integrate these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment and world. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQNGCI folks encouraged to apply.