Meeting: What Does Progressive Immigration Legislation Look Like?
Join us for a discussion of the current proposals in Congress on immigration “reform.” How do they compare to the principles adopted by the AFL-CIO in 1999? Facilitated by David Bacon, author of “Illegal People – How Globalization Creates Migration and Criminalizes Immigrants” and the forthcoming “The Right to Stay Home”.
1. Full legalization of undocumented immigrants
2. End to employer sanctions and other forms of workplace enforcement,
3. Family Reunification, 3. Expanded opportunities for immigration,
4. No guest worker programs,
5. End to the militarization of the border.
Also discussion on how is immigration policy tied to “free” trade.