Charitable Remainder Trust
A charitable remainder trust is a giving program that allows you to transfer cash, securities, and other appreciable property to a trust. The trust pays you or your chosen beneficiaries a percentage of the market value of the assets as re-valued each year. When the trust ends, the principal passes on to Global Exchange.
- You receive an income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- You pay no capital gains taxes on the appreciated assets that you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or for a specified number of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust at any time and receive more income tax deductions.
- You can choose how you want Global Exchange to spend your gift.